Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index Box Elder Wildlife Federation
Sports Supporting Conservation, Registration required for entry, please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stories, tips and musings from our senior target shooter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Chuck's B-Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bewforg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Stories, tips and musings from our senior target shooter Reply with quote

Chuck has undoubtedly done more accuracy testing and had more target time with the big boys than most of the rest of us all put together.

We have asked him to pass on some of his deep knowledge, tips, tricks, and even just plain stories of his adventures. If we're lucky, he will find time between all his other endeavors to spend some time here.

I, for one, will be checking his 'B-log' often.

'Take 'er away, Chuck, these are your pages to post as many different topics as you care to let us read!' Very Happy
chuckshoun
Wilderness Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Busy, busy, busy Reply with quote

Martha is now home after six months in the hospital and rehab for a rebuilt left foot and cure of a staph infection. Needless to say, I have been very busy caring for her, and have not had time to put in any new subjects. As she improves here at home, and the weather turns decent (for an old man like me), I plan to spend some time at the range (not for black powder pistol, already know how to use one (revolver, that is). I will be shooting my target rifles, Mausers and Enfields prone, on the ground, open sight, the only way I know how to shoot rifles. Unfortunately, Dr. Lewis says I have a cyst over the central part of the retina in my right eye, so to shoot at a 5.5" bullseye, I need a 12-inch target to sight on (6 o'clock hold). I'll have to time my shooting to that of Martha's needs, so I don't know when I'll get there. But I do know this, I'm getting tired of 45 ACP (still shoot them and love them) and want to get that loose nut behind the butt plate tightened up. I hope to see you-all up there this summer. The Mouse Gun and the M1A both have new barrels, and need to be shot or they will die of old age. The other rifles already have old age (one No. 1 Mark III is dated 1918), but they all shoot better than I can. I'll challenge those rifles, hopefully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Chuck's B-Log All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: