Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index Box Elder Wildlife Federation
Sports Supporting Conservation, Registration required for entry, please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boy, Am I bored!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Chuck's B-Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckshoun
Wilderness Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Boy, Am I bored! Reply with quote

I haven't been to the Mantua range for some time now, because it's hot up there! And, Martha has issues I have to be involved in. I do go to Impact Guns, on 1900 West in Ogden and shoot pistol. The range really isn't used a lot, and so it's a quiet time to shoot hand guns and rifles from 10:00 AM until about 11:30 AM. After that, it gets a little busy. It's cool, and a lot of fun.
I bought one of the new High Standard M1911 45 ACP pistols, advertised MSRP of $399 ($410 at Impact Guns -- I suspect that is due to the high price of fuel, or because it's new). Tomorrow I plan to go down about 12:00 PM (noon) and shoot the pistol to see if I can live up to the ravings it has gotten in the gun mags. If you want to find out before you spend few bucks on a M1911, meet me there.
I just can't get out into this hot weather at my age -- I'm 79 now, and I have pledged that I'll be thrown into Lake Erie when I die, and this weather seems to preclude that for the time being.
So, in spite of the rotten highway constuction, I've taken to going to Impact Guns on Mondays, Wednesdays (sp?) and Fridays, being there at about 10:00 AM when the range/store opens.
Boy, it's a pain in the arse getting old! Church work helps keeping me busy, as well as Martha's doctor appoitments(sp?), but I still have to shoot,or I'll go buggy.
One must consider the alternatives in this kind of weather. Dying in the hot sun does have alternatives, so consider them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Chuck's B-Log All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: